The Healing Power of Massage Therapy in CrestwoodMassage is a time-tested technique for soothing tight muscles and encouraging relaxation -- but its true powers extend far beyond these undeniable benefits. Here at Chiro-Med Health & Wellness Centers in Orland Park, IL, our chiropractic team often prescribes message therapy as a useful complement to spinal adjustment and other natural healing methods. The skilled hands of our Licensed Massage Therapists, Melissa Goitia and Jessica Estremera, can administer a variety of techniques to speed the healing process, relieve discomfort and improve your overall wellness.
Massage Therapy Treatment at Chiro-Med Health & Wellness CentersThere are a variety of massage techniques in use by today's therapists, each with its own particular strengths and emphases. For instance:
- Swedish massage is a light-pressure technique that focuses on muscle groups just under the skin.
- Deep tissue massage is a more forceful technique for manipulating muscles other tissues at a deeper level than Swedish massage.
- Trigger point therapy relaxes painful knots of muscle tissue.
- Myofascial release helps break up deep internal scar tissue that inhibits muscle motion.
- Pregnancy massage is specially designed to help expectant mothers enjoy a safer and less uncomfortable pregnancy.
- Sports massage helps athletes recover from strenuous events and prime their bodies for the next big challenge.
Massage can have a wide range of profound healing effects on the body. some of the principal benefits you may experience are:
Better blood flow - Massage stimulates an increase in blood flow to the area being treated. This is enormously helpful for soft tissue injuries because it encourages the distribution of oxygen and other healing substances to tissues that need it most. This allows for faster cellular repair and speedier healing. Better circulation also helps relieve swelling due to edema.
Pain relief - The same action that accelerates injury healing also helps to relieve localized pain and inflammation. That's because the tissues are better able to expel inflammatory substances that would otherwise build up. The loosening of muscles in the cervical area can also being relief from tension headache pain. Trigger point therapy can help manage the chronic pain of fibromyalgia and other musculoskeletal conditions, while myofascial release for adhesions can "unglue" muscles and connective tissues that have been painfully stuck together by scar tissue.
Stress relief - The relaxation of major muscle groups relieves anxiety and boosts your mood so you can feel calmer and sleep better. This kind of stress relief also helps to normalize high blood pressure, respiratory issues, immune dysfunction and other stress-related ailments.